Will Rising Circumstances Of Coronavirus Lead To One other Keep-At-House Order For LA County? – CBS Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – There are growing concerns that the rising cases of coronavirus in Los Angeles County could result in another lockdown.
Within the county, an additional 4,500 people tested positive for the virus on Saturday and three people died. Another order for the stay at home could be made on Sunday and last three weeks.
If the county’s five-day average exceeds 4,500 cases or the number of hospitalizations is over 2,000, a strict home safety order similar to that imposed at the beginning of the pandemic will be put in place. The arrangement would allow only essential workers or those who have access to essential services to leave the home.
“Unfortunately, if we can’t get this back on track, we’re on the right track,” said Barbara Ferrer, director of public health. “I still hope that we don’t have to go to Safer At Home and that we will be able to change that in the next few days. But at this point it really means that the things we did last week were part of a solution to turn things around. “
“The other hope I have is that if that wasn’t possible and people didn’t make changes last week, they are making them today so it will be short-lived,” she said. “I know how stressful it is for everyone to continue to have to adhere to rules and restrictions. I also know how exhausted our healthcare workers are, our essential employees. And for all of them, we need to slow the spread, and we need to do it quickly. “
San Bernardino County set a new record for daily case numbers with 2,800 new cases and two deaths. In Orange County, COVID-19 killed 11 and infected 800 people.
A curfew in Los Angeles County went into effect on Saturday from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. as the numbers rose
Comments are closed.