Anavrin From Season 2 of ‘You’ Was Impressed by Erewhon in Los Angeles
- The second season of Netflix’s “You” takes place in Los Angeles, California.
- A majority of the show’s events unfold at the high-end grocery store Anavrin, which is said to have been inspired by a real Los Angeles market called Erehwon.
- Insider spoke with Erehwon’s vice president of store development, Jason Widener, about some of the ways in which the organic grocery store is similar to the fictional Anavrin.
- Warning: Spoilers ahead for season two of Netflix’s “You.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The second season of Netflix’s “You” takes place in Los Angeles, California, where Joe Goldberg (Penn Badgley) gets a new job working in the book department of a trendy grocery store known as Anavrin.
In the show, Anavrin is a high-end food market owned by the Quinn family and operated by siblings Love (Victoria Pedretti) and Forty Quinn (James Nicholas Scully). The fictional grocery store’s shelves are stocked with plenty of green juices and organic produce as an ode to Los Angeles’ health and wellness culture.
While Anavrin is fictional, it seems to have been inspired by a real health-conscious grocery store chain in Los Angeles called Erewhon, which has become popular thanks to its wide selection of organic, local, and sustainable foods.
I stopped by the Erewhon location in Venice Beach, California, to see how it compares to Anavrin.